Delaware's first Early College High School offers the following:
- An accelerated high school education program that allows students to graduate from college in only 2-3 years
- A huge cost benefit; attendance is free
- A personalized learning environment; only 125 students will be accepted into the 9th grade program*
- A specialization in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Access to Delaware State University's accomplished faculty and resources
- A challenging, yet supportive program
- A personalized, four-year learning plan
- The only Early College High School in Delaware
- Approved by the Delaware Department of Education
- Based on a progressive school model used nationwide
The mission of the Early College High School at Delaware State University is to provide highly motivated students with a curriculum concentrating on science, technology, engineering and mathematics that is integrated with the relevant curriculum at Delaware State University such that all students graduate with one to two years of college credits and are in a favorable position to graduate from college. The school shall provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment that develops students' academic, social skills and personal character traits necessary for successful college completion, with a special focus on high school students who will be the first generation in their families to become college educated.
The Early College High School at Delaware State University will be a nationally recognized early college, STEM-focused high school that increases access to higher education and produces students who have the expectations and skills to make a significant impact in the global community.